Resources for Teachers
What’s inside a pondlet?
A comprehensive walkthrough of the AI tools inside a pondlet and how powerful they can be.
Need materials for class right away? We got you covered! Check out various pondlet collections of different levels, themes and standards.
User Case: Online Teaching
Check out for a comprehensive guide on using Ponddy Reader for online Chinese teaching.
Resources for Learners
With Ponddy Reader, you can learn, review, and explore Chinese on your own. Check out our list of self-study and test- prep reousrces.
How to best use Reader for learning?
Check out for a comprehensive guide on using Ponddy Reader for Chinese learning.
Ponddy Reader User Guide
- Click "Create a new Pondlet" to add text.
- Upload audio of the corresponding paragraph (support mp3, m4a, aac, and ogg format)
- Simplified/Traditional character and default Pinyin display
- For easy search and management of Pondlets, manually add or allow Reader to automatically extract keyword tags.
- Add Pondlet cover image.
- If the Pondlet you created contains non-original content, please fill in the reference and copyright information.
- Choose "Edit" from the drop-down menu at the upper-right corner of Pondlet card, or click the pencil icon on top of the Pondlet detail page to edit.
Custom Word (Segmentation, Pinyin, POS & Definition)
- Scroll down to the bottom of Step 1 page and modify the system’s default segmentation and word setting as needed.
Key View Setting
- Key view mode allows the edit of key vocabulary and grammars.
- Users can switch between key view/normal view through "View Settings".
- Ｍassive Content
Ponddy library has over 800 Pondlets and Pondlet collections that are fully accessible for Standard and School plan users.Users can add Pondelts or Collections directly from the library.
- Pondlet Collections
Pondlets are sorted into collections based on different Chinese proficiency level systems, including AP, ACTFL, HSK, CEFR, etc., all ready-to-use for class instruction or exam prep.
- Foundation Collection
This collection includes 8 Pinyin Pondlets and 52 Radical Pondlets that covers introduction to pinyin and the most common radicals. The Pondlets can be used for teaching or self-study to lay a solid Chinese foundation for students.
- English Translation
All Pondlets in the Ponddy Library now come with English translations so that students can better understand the content during self-study.
- Enter the Pondlet detail page by clicking on a card or shared link, then click “Add Pondlet” to view complete Pondlet content.
- Add a collection and view its full content in the “Added Collection” page. You may find the adding option on the upper-right corner of the collection card or on the collection detail page.
- Share Pondlets via social platforms, links, and QR codes. You may find the “Share” in the upper-right menu of the Pondlet card or the Pondlet detail page.
- **When sharing a self-created Pondlet, all settings (including the key view, custom word settings, resources, self-created exercises, etc.) will also be shared along with the Pondlet.
- Find "Share Collection" in the upper-right menu of the collection, and share the collection with a link or QR code.
- Users can choose to show only the content of certain levels by choosing the levels on the content, vocabulary and grammars page.
- Click on a word in the content to view the definition and example sentences.
- Ponddy Reader uses AKLS technology to build character/word/radical association networks (Ponds). Users can view the difficulty level, frequency of use, and usage examples for better retention and mastery of a character/word/radical.
- 50 important built-in grammar points now come with animated grammar explanation videos for convenient review and self-study.
- Users can save vocabulary and grammar points to "My Pond" for personal use. (You can find your saved vocabulary and grammar in "My Pond" from the user menu).
- Standard and School users can upload up to 30 files as Pondlet supplementary material. Supported resource type include text, PDF, image, video, audio, and self-built vocabulary glossary.
- Pondlets in Ponddy Library come with built-in gamified exercises.
- Auto-generated exercises
Choose the focus words and grammar in your Pondlet, and you can automatically generate corresponding gamification exercises in an instant.
- Group Play mode
Users can create and join group exercises. By entering a group code, results of the participants will be shown on the scoreboard, making it easy for teachers to assign homework or for friends to compete with each other.
- Create Tests
Teachers can use focus sentences in their lessons to create Pondlets, and generate exercises as test questions instantly by selecting words and grammars in key view mode. Pondlets can be shared via links with students to allow online, real-time evaluation of students’ performance.
Related Pondlet Recommendation
- Ponddy Reader uses AKLS AI technology to recommend Pondlets that meet your needs.
- Ponddy Suggest
Select theme and level and the system will recommend Pondlets that meet your selected criteria.
- Related Pondlets
Pondlets that are similar to the current Pondlet.
- TOCFL self study pondlets
- Leading edge pondlets
- Language flagship
- HSK series pondlets
- IB collection - ponddy library collection
How to best use Reader for teaching?
How to best use Reader for learning?
Try Ponddy Reader Now
*no credit card required*